Tuesday, March 31, 2015

type 2: scanned explorations

Over the weekend I enjoyed moving away from hand-lettering and painting type, to printing, cutting, taping, and scanning type. Here are some of my explorations:





I've begun the process of adding and combining my explorations (and the rest of the project's content) onto the form of the box – it is quite challenging. I spoke with Kidwell today and he mentioned trying monotone and duotone colors on these scanned images, I've been having fun experimenting with that!

3 comments:

  1. I love the use of the overlapping text in some of the designs above. I think if you played with the body copy in a similar way that it would be successful. Maybe try making the rice krispies/snap crackle pop less predominate and work more with aspects of the copy.
    Love your style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working more with the copy does make a lot of sense, I'll start exploring that idea! I'm betting it will make my box a lot more visually cohesive. Thanks, Liz!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete