Thursday, March 26, 2015

type 2: 3.26

Since last week, I've done a lot of experimenting! The below images are all hand-drawn / painted – I used a variety of mediums: ink, pastels, foam cut-outs, watercolors, acrylics, and ink pens. After experimenting, I scanned them in and started experimenting with color, layout, orientation, etc. There's still a lot of experimentation and development ahead of me, but here are my explorations:










(I want to make the star shape out of type to meet criteria)
 
                              

These were leftovers from the peel & stick foam I cut and used in some of the above experiments. I learned that it was really fun and easy to rearrange the letters in different compositions. I actually came up with 52 different compositions, below are a few photos of my favorites:














No comments:

Post a Comment